Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Making Merry in Milwaukee

And we were on our way to visit our Milwaukee family, Nana and Papa Scott.  They have this big comfortable condo but my favorite thing is their pretty backyard, woodsy with a little pond.


The kiddos ran out there with their slingshots as soon as we arrived.




We did gift opening (hello juicer!), had 5pm cocktails (one of my favorite Scott rituals), ate pizza and visited around the table.  Here's Mike and Mom.

Mike and his Dad.  Joe has even more stories than Mike.
I know I'm probably not supposed to add this picture but I can't resist. I asked Mike if he knew anything about his Dad's tatoo and he said just that he "doesn't like it".  I like it because it is unexpected and I assumed came from his time served in the Navy.  It says "Scottie".

Waiting for breakfast at First Watch.  Avocado omelette, oh yeah.

Joe and Marilyn.  Married 56 years.  They give big hugs, tell hilarious family stories, and fill us up with good food.  They have given their children, and grandchildren the best example of family and commitment and love.

And we did.

We headed off to the Milwaukee Public Museum.  Mike often went to this museum as a kid so its fun to go back and visit each year.

Puelicher Butterly Wing

The Streets of Old Milwaukee is a permanent exhibit recreated in the essence of urban life in Milwaukee around the turn-of-the-century – roughly the 1880s to just prior to World War I.  

North American Indians


And ring pops at the end.

We made one more family stop on our way home and had a quick but nice visit with Mike's sister, Patti and family.  And then sped home to tuck in for a cold winter's night.

1 comment:

  1. This Merry Milwaukee entry is really good. Joe and Marilyn look wonderful - the love and support they give to each other and their family extends far beyond Scott boundaries. I am inspired by them. moo

    ReplyDelete