Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Great films riverside at the Frozen River Film Festival

I watch the icy river roll by my window as we wind our way up Highway 61 to Winona.  Icicles hang off of the bluffs. The brown, snowless landscape just looks stark and barren.  We turn at Sugar Loaf Bluff and chug along toward Winona State University. Covered in goose down, we climb out of our warm little car.  Every breath hangs in front of us. I imagine myself sitting in Blue Heron, a steaming cup of coffee in front of me. It is always arctic cold when we head up to the Frozen River Film Festival. With over 50 documentaries airing over the course of 7 days, the film festival topics stretch from Shakespeare to melting glaciers to eco ninjas. Cozy chairs, warm & tasty food and a great film were on our agenda as we wandered in from the cold.







My little niece coming up the stairs. She was proud of herself for making it to the top. 
She said, "I come  up."

We watched a fantastic film, looked at the exhibits, had some lunch and went for a walk by the 
frozen river.







We'll be back next year, Frozen River. Next time we'll buy a weekend pass, stay over and take advantage of your incredible documentary offerings.  To see the diverse line-up of films, check out the FRFF film schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment