Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Capturing my summer with an iPhone

I love the fact that summer is a whirlwind. The weeks fly by and the daylight hangs on and on. A visit from my little niece turns into a run around the neighborhood that is full of sun beams and summer breezes.



We had so much fun and I thought later about how much I wanted to just sit on the porch and do be lazy. I saw her urgency to get out and move and I followed her and I learned the thing I learn over and over.
 Moving is better than sitting.
 She squealed with delight as we walked the neighborhood. I just watched the sun set behind her, lighting up her blonde hair and reminding me of the fun of photography. Composing a shot is actually more fun with a phone because there is no fiddling with dials.




Kenny Ahern at Riverfront. He has a very silly comedic style. Parts of his show are like something you'd witness on a Parisian street corner with French accordian music playing in the background. My stepson got up on stage. Between the plate spinning and the hugging and the Irish music, I got all teary-eyed. These shows will surprise you.


My road trip through Illinois this summer made me nostalgic for the endless blue sky and corn fields that I grew up around. All sky all the time.

I took a bunch of pictures with my big camera but this one is my favorite. Just me and my pals.

Twelve kids, nine adults and a bunch of canoes on the Black River.

My husband kept stuffing away my phone but I still managed to stand on the sidelines and take pics of those more adventurous than me.



A glass of wine with the Beer by Bike Brigade

Swinging on branches.

Our one trip on the river this summer. Our tent collapsed, Mike fell in the river with our stuff, I was starving and impatient. Things didn't go according to plan. So we forgot the plan. We swam, ate lunch, danced in the water and I remembered how good spontaneity can be.

Burning marshmallows at Larry's house.

Cutest dog in the whole wide world.

Making my husband pose for another selfie.

Watching the storms roll in at Downtown Sound.

I spent plenty of time this summer being tired and unmotivated so it's nice to look back and remember that we actually did some things this summer. Some of the smallest moments made a lasting impact. And all it took was lifting an iPhone to capture them. And getting off the couch.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! If you ever give up on being a book woman/videographer, you can offer this edition to Apple for an ad campaign and just retire !

    ReplyDelete