Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Dipping our toes in to Midwest Music Fest 2013

Midwest Music Fest feels like ages ago now but I didn't want to miss posting about this fantastic festival in nearby Winona, MN.  With family commitments and a busy weekend ahead of us, we only made it to a few shows but it was well worth the effort. My husband and I started at the Acoustic Cafe for Mike Munson's show.  Mike is referred to as an "afficianado of the blues".  I have to confess my lukewarm interest in blues music but I love Mike's music. He has great vocals and just a nice, cool style about him. A perfect way to start the fest in a busy, homey cafe with a lot of attentive adults mixed with little kids running around dancing.
    His guitar case offstage caught my eye. I'd love to do a photo montage of 
musician's guitar cases.  

So onward we walked to Ed's No-Name Bar.

I do love the Midwest Music Fest theme: Where music and community meet. The music brings the community together and all those who love live music come out and revel in the good sounds all over town.

Caroline Smith and the Goodnight Sleeps



And then we walked over to the Masonic Temple and listened to The Pines.
The lead singers are David Huckfelt and Benson Ramsey, Bo Ramsey's son.


David opened their show by saying how excited they were to play at the Masonic because they loved haunted places. And that is the best way to describe their music. Haunted. I had goose bumps.


We didn't see as much of you this year, Midwest Music Fest, but we love you all the same. Keep it up. You're doing it.

1 comment:

  1. I know this site presents quality depending posts and other
    information, is there any other website which provides these information in quality?


    Also visit my web blog; las vegas golf instruction

    ReplyDelete